Monday, October 19, 2015

Oliva de Plasencia to Aldeanueva del Camino

Not to much to report. Better weather than yesterday. Time was ok. Left hip giving me trouble.

I mentioned that Beverly and I moved on our own paths yesterday.  She was down with rain and I wasn't.  Today on the way north,  I passed the hostel that she was headed for. I stopped in to see if she had made it,  but the manager told me that she had gone on further north. So she is far ahead of me and I am ending this hike tomorrow.

Checked into albergue. Just me ( and 5 German young men who have been biking the El Camino for five days ). I haven't a clue what they are saying.

Tomorrow I should leave the autonomous province of Extremadura and enter Castile y Leon. To me it is amazing that I made it this far.

Tomorrow is it.  I'm sneaking in one more day of hiking.  You would be justified to wonder if I haven't already had enough.  We are almost there.

Today's pictures

Leaving the plains behind

Blue sky and green fields

Following national highway N630

Following one of the roman networks that connected Iberia

Some pictures of Aldeanueva





1 comment: