Saturday, October 24, 2015

Back in Sevilla

After a 6 hour hike, I enjoyed the 6 hour bus ride from Bejar to Sevilla.

Why you might ask?

I was able to relive many of the places that I hiked through. This time, from the bus, I realized just how much mileage that I had put on the old hiking shoes. It took the bus almost 5 hours to go past from where I started this hike in Fuente De Cantos.

I descended the mountains of Castile y Leon and northern Extremedura down to the plains of southern Extremadura and Andalucia.

I watched a lightning storm over Merida as we rolled on towards that beautiful city. I am so glad that I took the day to visit the Roman ruins ( the Teatro and the arena ).

As town after town rolled by, I felt contented in myself and proud of my accomplishments in challenging my body and mind to both overcome obstacles and to problem solve situations rather than brute force an answer.

At the hostel in Sevilla, I enjoyed a period of respite and relaxation. I took a 3 hour tour of Sevilla with quite an accomplished guide, Sylvia. This is the same person with whom I did a tour upon arriving. The tour was in the rain while I was awaiting my luggage. This time we had beautiful sun and another wonderful experience, reveling in the beauty and history of this ancient city.

Time came to pack up and head to the airport ... a time of period for self-reflection, introspection and high adventure at its end.

No comments:

Post a Comment