Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Fuente de Cantos to Puebla de Sancho Perez

After a hard but good day of walking,  I am in this quaint and beautiful albergue in the hamlet of Puebla de Sancho Perez. It was just over 13 miles today,  starting from where I left of in 2014.

Sidenote: The trip from Sevilla to Fuente de Cantos was uneventful.  THANK GOD! !

It's around 5 pm. The sky is partially sunny,  partially cloudy with a fresh breeze blowing in over the Mediterrean style courtyard where I am sitting,  feet propped up. 

Shortly I will be having a local white wine, salad,  tapas and a main course.  I am that hungry. I made several logistical mistakes today which I will not repeat.  

1. I planned on buying fruit and water at my stop in Fuente de Cantos, after I got off the bus. But with no shops nearby and wanting to get started,  I postponed the buying until my next town 4 kms down the road. 

2. Now 4kms down the road,  there were no shops along the Via de La Plata. I had two choices.  I could go off the Camino and shop or I could press on to Sancho Perez without fruit and water.  I made the wrong choice.  

Nothing bad happened but I should have been wiser.  Lesson learned. 

Los and lots of farmland today. It was like driving thru Nebraska without the car.

There is a lot of clutter going on in my life and much of it reared its head while hiking thru those farming and ranching fields.  That's ok because I need to sort it all out again.  With no one on the trail today that I saw,  I will have plenty of me-time for this introvert to work thru them.

Probably not much else to say except that for the first time in a long time I feel at home, at peace ... on the Camino,  which is very odd.

The pictures are of Ermita Nuestra Senora de Belen, the hostel.  It backs to the Plaza de  Toros, has a relaxing patio and beautiful view.




1 comment: