Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Caceres

Beverly and I had an outstanding meal today in the Plaza Mayor. I don't normally list the meals because 'who cares', but today was an exception. We started off with a great red wine. The first plate for me was paella with whole boiled shrimp.  The second plate was lamb roasted in sauce,  papa fritas and side vegetables. For dessert I had a portuguese custard-like dish that was heavenly.

Caceres is listed in many historic and heritage lists.  There is too much detail to go into so,  just enjoy the pictures. These are all from the 'Centro Monumental' which would translate roughly as Central Historic District.

All I can say is that I was blown away by the beauty and style of the buildings.  We have nothing like it ... nothing even close.










These pictures are from the Tower of Bujeco. The name comes from a muslim leader of the 12th century when the fortress was built stop an existing Roman foundation. The view is of Plaza Mayor.



No comments:

Post a Comment